South India- It is where there is ‘soundarya sangam’ or confluence of beauties - architectural, natural, cultural, heritage! When you plan to have a South India trip, you gear up yourself for a perfect mish-mash of all these. Drifting through the beautiful sunbathed backwaters of Kerala on a houseboat, admiring the splendid architechtural work done by craftsmen of yester years, letting your hair down in the lovely monsoon rains, exploring the wildlife and what not, South India has it all. Everything can’t be summed up in words as there is a lot to experience when you visit South India but you surely should not miss out upon these five attractions which stand out from the rest!
1. Kerala Backwaters and beaches: We rate this as the top most attraction in a South India Trip because the beauty of Kerala backwaters sparkling under the shining sun or starlit sky is unmatched. You will have a one of its kind experience while sailing on the houseboat and enjoying the resplendent surroundings soaked in calm music of flowing water. The palm-lined fringes of the coast passing by will just make you say wow! Along with this the picturesque Kovalam beach, kanyakumari beach etc are ought to be seen.
2. Ayurveda delights: Living the city life today takes a toll on our well being and we find ourselves caught in the rat race every now and then. Here in the God’s own country you can gift yourself a rejuvenating stay at an Ayurveda resort which will release you from the mental and bodily stress of a busy metro life. The aromatic massage using healing Ayurvedic herbs is something you will thoroughly enjoy plus the daily schedule and diet planned for you very meticulously will work wonders!
3. Soul searching: Coming to visit South India and not doing some soul searching will render your trip incomplete. We suggest that temples of Tamilnadu especially the Meenakshi Temple should be included as one of the must visit places in your South India trip itinerary. The exemplary carving work done here in the Meenakshi Temple stands as a perfect remnant of the Dravidian architecture. You will be amazed to know that there are 985 pillars here carved distinctly from each other.
4. Soaking in culture: the culture of South India is worth exploring as its colourful, its cheerful and it represents the legacy that our ancestors have handed down to us. You can visit any of the cultural centres to see the strikingly expressive dance forms of Southern Indian subcontinent- Kathakali, Bharatnatyam, Kuchipudi etc. You can also enjoy the festivities being observed here annually like Onam, Pongal etc and not to leave out is the south Indian cuisine with a ‘tadka’ of fresh mustard seeds!
5. Breathtaking hill stations: Have the idyllic pleasure of relaxing in the clam and tranquil environs of hill stations like Munnar, Ooty, Kodaikanal etc. These all qualify to be the perfect holiday destinations for couples and families. You can walk through a sprawling tea estate in Ooty or you can just look out for a nice view from your hotel balcony in Munnar!